After 48-hour delay, Syria evacuees on the move again

After 48-hour delay, Syria evacuees on the move again

Beirut, AFP, 21 April 2017 - Hundreds of frightened Syrian evacuees were on the move again Friday after being blocked...

Beirut, AFP, 21 April 2017 - Hundreds of frightened Syrian evacuees were on the move again Friday after being blocked for 48 hours at a transit point where a bomber killed dozens of their fellow townspeople, a monitor said. Some of the 60 buses carrying civilians and loyalist fighters from the besieged government-held towns of Fuaa and Kafraya left the marshalling area in rebel-held Rashidin, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said. Some of the 11 buses evacuating civilians and fighters from Zabadani and two other rebel-held areas around Damascus were also on the move, the Britain-based monitoring group added.   Bomb attack A total of 3,000 evacuees left their homes in Fuaa and Kafraya at dawn on Wednesday as part of a deal under which residents and fighters are also being evacuated from the rebel-held areas surrounded by government forces. The evacuations began last week but were delayed after Saturday’s suicide car bombing killed 126 people, 68 of them children, at the transit point in Rashidin... Read more (2 min reading time!)

Found in hashtags

Found in tweets

#News #Iran After 48-hour delay, #Syria evacuees on the move again https://t.co/8fze2F8py8 https://t.co/NSCgUhwjx7
P.M.O.I
P.M.O.I